Terms + Privacy Policies
When you sign up to an interest list, buy a course or download a free resource, you are added to my email newsletter. In that newsletter, I offer lessons on visual thinking, news of upcoming events, special offers on products and online and live courses, and links to inspiration or other favorite resources.
You can opt out of this newsletter list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email.
I never share or sell your email with other organizations or individuals. If I want to share an offer with you, I link to that site and you choose to opt into that offer or not.
Note: Course announcements are tied to your email address. If you opt out of email, you may miss important announcements and opportunities.
If you opt out of email, you can keep up-to-date on course announcements by logging into your account at http://courses.loosetooth.com, click on the course title to enter it, click on your profile icon on the right side of the black header bar. You’ll see a drop down menu with Announcements –
Click on that link to read any course-specific communications sent.
Your Data and Personal Information
My online learning platform, Kajabi, creates account data for every person who signs up. If I click on your account, I can see when you joined my list, which products you have purchased and when, and any tags I may have added to your account.
Example: If you registered for The Agerbeck Method, I have designed Kajabi to add the tag “AgMe” to your record. This lets me know, at-a-glance, that you have access to the course, to help me either send information specific to the students of that course, or filter out sales messaging from those who have already registered.
I don’t want to waste your time sending you redundant messages, and I also don’t want you to miss information that may be useful. Tags help focus what you receive from me.
Note: My weekly [brandygram] emails go out to everyone, so you may be offered products you are already signed up for.
If you want a copy of the data Kajabi compiles on your account, please send me an email request from the email you registered with to [email protected] with the subject line My Data.
Payment processing for your purchases is done through Stripe. I can see your name, address, transaction date and a unique transaction ID number. I cannot access your credit card information. All transactional information is securely stored on Stripe’s servers.
Upon checkout, you may see additional offers to purchase. Upselling can get annoying, I get it. I do coordinate offering in bundles that give you more valuable content in your area of study, and often I offer discounts that aren’t widely available. If I offer another resource, it is designed to supplement or deepen your learning.
Partners and Affiliations
Again, I, Brandy Agerbeck, and Loosetoooth.com do not share any personal information with outside organizations or individuals. Occasionally, there may be an opportunity to introduce you to another person to know, course to sign up for, product to buy. I will make any financial relationship or affiliate arrangement clear in spoken word or in print. I mark affiliate links with or [A]
Example: My friend and colleague may have a new course that I think is a complement to what I offer. I may interview her and let her share her pitch as part of that interview. Or I may ask her to write a blog post, and let her link to her sign-up page at the end of the article. I will not give her direct access to my email list or any of your personal information.
Affiliate arrangements mean there is a financial compensation or “kickback” from making a connection or a sale. This may be pocket change from an Amazon Affiliate link, or this may be a significant commission from another online course. While I won’t share financial details, I will always make explicit if affiliate arrangements are in place.
I fully support my own products and any physical materials or products I endorse in my courses, blog or in social media. I may not have experienced every course or product a partner produces. If you have a negative experience with a partner or colleague I have shared or their products and services, please let me know. I believe life is too short and too valuable to work with jerks or treat anyone badly.
This should be clear, but it is worth clarifying – any time you comment within an online course, it can be viewed and read by any other registered users in that course. It is not shown publicly, or to anyone in any other course. Please note, that while I encourage participants to introduce themselves to each other, I do not share any course roster and I do not share any personal information on who is registered.
If I make any reference to someone’s comment, outside of replying in the comment thread (example: referencing someone in an in-course video), I will have asked and obtained permission to mention.
Do not share any sensitive information that may put your security at risk.
While I cultivate an online environment of mutual respect, I cannot control others’ ability to copy and paste in-course content or quote what you have said.
I personally believe that by far most people are good and respectful, and live according to the golden rule. My favorite take on it comes from American 70’s band Sly and the Family Stone, “Sock it onto others as you would have them sock it to you.”
A Safe, Supportive Learning Environment
I, Brandy Agerbeck, and my organization is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Everyone has the right to participate and learn in a fun, safe space. We expect that everyone participating in any online course, live online call, or in-person event will be respectful and free from prejudice and harassment, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion.
To report a problem, either witnessed or personally involved in, email [email protected] and I or a team member will take action. Anyone creating an unsafe environment will be removed from the course, call or event without refund.
Intellectual Property (IP)
All content on course pages, aside from participant-created content (namely comments), is copyright Brandy Agerbeck, Loosetooth.com. This includes video content, text, images and download files, along with Brandy’s comments. Distribution of this content without prior written approval is prohibited. All content provided is for your individual learning and personal use. This does not give you permission to copy, paste, and share text from course pages, record audio or do screen grabs.
Example: If you screen grab a shot from a video to save for your own reference or print to put in your sketchbook, no problem. If you distribute that file to others, either for free or for profit, you are in violation of copyright.
If you are a teacher or trainer and wish to license Loosetooth.com content for educational and professional use, please contact me at [email protected] with “IP License” in the subject line. Please be specific about what content you want to use, how it will be delivered and to what audience.
I design a ton of content to be shared publicly. And often I will point you towards resources on my site, blog, YouTube channel or other social media channels to use and share. Share that content freely, with original attribution. Do not share in-course content without prior written approval.
Example: I may reference The Draw Quad in a course video. The the post text below, I will link to my Brandyfesto PDF and to several YouTube videos that explain The Draw Quad. This is meant to give you another take on the content, because I may describe or demonstrate the same concept in a different and useful way. It is also meant to point you towards pieces of content that is public and shareable.
My least favorite part of my work is being IP Police. Respect each other’s work. Cite your sources. Don’t steal. We all make our field and body of work stronger with clear attribution when sharing content.
4. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
5. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
6. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
7. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
9. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
14. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Orange County, California. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Last Updated: June 1, 2018